Improving Your Campaign Deliverability
When your campaign has a high percentage of bounces and your messages end in ‘Spam’ folders or even get lost completely, you have a minor or major deliverability dilemma.
How to improve that?
We’re here to help you and these are basic steps that you should follow on your own before contacting support.
- A percentage of bounced messages or emails ending in the Spam folder is normal when sending campaigns to a large list of subscribers.
- Check campaign content best practices HERE
- When possible avoid using big providers’ addresses as your ‘From’ address – the reason behind that is your messages will never pass DMARC check if it’s in place. You will experience difficulties with e.g. @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc. You may also experience some issues with @gmail.com. The best results are with your own domain.
- If you use your own mail domain, don’t forget to insert the correct SPF record into your DNS zone (add ”include spf.phplist.com” to your existing SPF line)
- If you use your own mail domain: For hosted-VPS and for verified shared clients we will create DKIM signing upon request. That is a free service for paying clients.
- If you have DMARC reject or DMARC quarantine policy enabled for your ‘From’ domain you must have both SPF and DKIM (DKIM is generated by us upon request) configured correctly in your DNS. Otherwise, DMARC verification will fail and your messages won’t reach the recipients.