Positive activity and account settings
To protect our reputation and that of other phpList Hosted users, we:
- Mark a subscriber as blacklisted after receiving one bounce for that address
- Automatically unsubscribe emails from your list when they hit the unsubscribe button.
- Automatically unsubscribe your subscribers when they report your email as spam with their email provider (works with those email providers that give us this information).
- Use the domain throttle feature of phpList to ensure not too many mails to go a single provider in a given time frame.
These settings will be adjusted based on your account activity and the following aspects will be considered (amongst others):
- VIEWS - the percentage of your subscribers viewing your campaigns (more views is better)
- CLICKS - the percentage of your subscribers clicking a link in your campaigns (more clicks is better)
- BOUNCES - the percentage of bounces you receive (fewer bounces is better)
- UNSUBSCRIBES - the number of subscribers who opt-out (fewer unsubscribes is better)
- SPAM COMPLAINTS -
the number of subscribers who click the spam button with their provider (fewer spam complaints is better)
- CAMPAIGNS - how many campaigns you send. The more you send, the less likely your subscribers will consider it spam.
- LAST CAMPAIGN - when you sent your last campaign (the more recent the better)
- IMPORT - how often you perform an import of subscribers (the less you import the better).
After a few months of use, when we register positive activity and behaviour on your account, the following changes will be made automatically:
- the send speed of your installation will increase as we will increase the batch sizes
- the number of consecutive bounces for a subscriber to be blacklisted will be increased to 3 bounces, instead of 1
- a subscriber clicking “unsubscribe” will be asked the reason why, instead of being removed immediately.