Send and delivery speed of email campaigns is affected by a number of internal and external factors. Pro Marketer Accounts have considerably faster send speeds, which is required for delivering large volumes of messages.
Send speed of campaigns from all account types is affected by the following factors:
- Total number of subscribers receiving the campaign
- Number of images embedded in the campaign (not linked)
- Number of attacments to the campaign (if any)
- Total campaign size (in bytes)
Send speed of campaigns sent from standard accounts on the cloud hosting platform is affected by the following factors:
- Time of day the campaign is sent
- Busyness of other clients using the cloud platform
- Total number of campaigns being sent from the same account simultaneously
- Active campaigns being sent by other sub-account users
Once messages have been sent, the time they takes to appear in subscriber inboxes is determined by Subscribers’ email hosting providers (their technical configuration and efficiency of operation).
We process the queue every 2-5 minutes and send in batches of 1000 emails. So, in general a a mailing of say 15000 messages should go out in an hour.
But we also have domain throttling in place, to protect our servers.
We use the domain throttle feature of phpList to ensure not too many mails to go a single provider in a given time frame. If you have many subscribers on the same domain (eg hotmail.com) it will delay your campaign a little.
After a few months, when we find that your account has had a positive activity, we increase the sizes of the batch for your account, which means your campaigns will go out faster.