phpList is the world's leading Open Source email newsletter and marketing solution, used in 97 countries by 30,000 customers. Email marketing is an extremely competitive field: we combine 15 years of experience with the most powerful Open Source components and a European base of operations. We're on a mission to make marketing open and transparent: our products are shared with the community under copyleft licenses.
Processing and monitoring millions of messages per-client, per-day requires stable, high-performance code, with sophisticated monitoring. Exposing a wealth of complex data digestibly to users is a challenge for data structure, caching, and presentation. phpList manages information that can make or break organisations, including confidential contacts and announcements — security is paramount.
Jobs at phpList expose Open Source professionals to all these challenges and more within a supportive environment designed to grow skills and engagement.
Open to the core
Software made and used at phpList is Open Source. We invest in Open communities and reap the benefits. Since the first release 17 years ago, independent experts have contributed code and inspiration giving phpList a competitive advantage. All phpList team members are community members also.
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you'll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning
- Training allowance with paid time to attend
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Teams get together one to three times per year
- Other benefits are country-specific, including health insurance
Note: No recruiters please.
To apply for an open position please email a cover letter and CV to this address.
Intermediate Front-end Developer
Location: Tirana, Albania
All customer and community facing interfaces of phpList's products and services will become your playground. New and existing user acceptance tests, executed automatically by comprehensive continuous integration systems, will thoroughly test and verify your changes. Feedback from a global community spread across 85 countries will inform your work on phpList applications, while in-house marketers will guide your implementation of public page redesign and reorganisation.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years' experience in front-end development
- Expertise in hand-coding tableless HTML layouts with cross-browser-compatible HTML/CSS
- Experience using front-end debug tools (Firebug, Chrome DevTools, DOM, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced Git
- Intermediate to advanced HiDPI / retina support
- Intermediate sass / less
- Familiarity with minification systems (for CSS/JS)
- Intermediate Bootstrap 4
- Basic to intermediate layout aesthetics and internationalised layouts, incl. right to left and pictographic languages
- Basic to intermediate understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Basic to intermediate email template design implementation
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform adjustments on an image
Nice to have:
- Working with Open Source communities
- Code review process / workflow
- User acceptance testing and user story writing in Gherkin
- Use of a continuous integration system
- Landing page design skills
- Basic Twig templating
- Good English skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivation and time management
- Attention to detail
- Sensitivity to the firm's business objectives
- Project and product pride and commitment
- Professional self-development
- Openness to admission of mistakes
- Team sensitivity and support